on 16 January 2016
Schapelle's innocence shines through every page of this book. It beggars belief that an innocent girl is put through this hell through no fault of her own. The Indonesian and Australian authorities have a lot to answer for in my opinion.

The book itself takes you through Schapelle's ordeal from before her arrest up until after her appeal (obviously she has since been released), and you cannot help but be drawn in to the hell she had to face while incarcerated. Thank god for her wonderful family! I can only hope she is now rebuilding her life and putting the last 9 years well and truly behind her.

I would definitely recommend this book.
on 2 August 2014
I started this book with an open mind but was sceptical about her innocence - I finished the book 85% convinced in her innocence and shocked at the unfair treatment she received at trial - even if I am wrong and she is guility as after all only she knows - it was with disbelief and complete frustration at the way her trial was handled and the lack of help she received and intervention her own government did.
A great read even if it does make you nervous at times
on 10 June 2015
Whilst reading this book I kept thinking to the end where I "presumed" Schapelle would be freed and after an horrendous (to say the least) experience she would be going home. A blow to read she didn't. Having travelled from Australia to Bali myself back in 1995 it makes me realise that could of been me.
To know it has actually happened to someone, well, I can't even imagine what a nightmare she must be going through.
I find in this day and age that's it's totally unbelievable how this can even happen and will say I'd probably never go to this country again.
5 stars to a good read but now I feel bad, for reading is a pleasure normally, but I've just read of a cruel fate for another innocent human being.
I truly wish freedom in the future for Schapelle Corby
on 8 August 2013
I'm 3/4 of the way through and to be honest, whilst I really want to find out what happens in the end, I'm getting a bit bored with the repetiveness of it, sounds harsh as I don't know how I'd cope, but a lot of her frustrations are repeated almost the same every time. I will read on to the end as I really hope it turns out well for this lovely gorgeous young girl and she goes on to have a great life!!

Good Luck Shapelle!!!!!!!!!
on 2 February 2014
What a total nightmare for the unsuspecting traveller..... A compelling read and insight to the horrors of third world captivity. Still believed her innocence until I read 'Hotel K' by the same author who casually mentions about Schapelle Corby.....the drug runner! Still an eye opener to the corruption and evils an innocent or guilty human prisoner has to deal with...
on 3 December 2017
WOW!
on 3 March 2014
I knew the basics about this story but the book told the whole story in depth. I couldn't put it down I had to keep on reading. I have read Kathryn Bonellas other 2 books and thoroughly enjoyed those too. If she is definately innocent she has been to hell in Kerobokan!
on 5 May 2014
I found this book 'unputdownable', how easy it would be for this to happen. But WHY were they duped so often, in signing papers that they were adamant that they wouldn't sign. I really found this so frustrating but would recommend the book as a very good read.
on 16 November 2009
I fail to see how anyone could describe this book as boring. I found it well written and completely absorbing.

As to whether or not she is guilty, is hard to say as numerous things have been written about her family's use of drugs on the internet.

Having said that, I did feel sorry for her, and I don't believe she received a fair trial. The prison conditions sound really awful.
on 17 February 2018