Customer reviews

on 1 November 2007
As a fortysomething, who has supported this team since being a boy, but without ever being obsessed,it was a really good read. I could remember most of the players, and the stories, so it was nostalgic, but also the explanations of what might really have been happening in the club were fascinating.

would recommend to any fortysomething who has supported etc etc
on 23 October 2008
Fifty years of hurt, this book highlights what we have all been through following the toon army, it is written by a fan and charts the rollecoaster we have all been on following the toon army.
The book highlights all those near misses and anti climaxes aswell as the real low points experienced following our great club.
It makes an ideal gift for father, son and perhaps even your wife to help them understand what it feels like to be a newcastle united fan.
on 15 December 2009
Got this my dad, who is a mad geordie, for xmas 2008 - he said he loved it - so must be good!
on 9 June 2009
I bought this for my Brother who is an avid Toon Fan. Unfortunately his birthday was the day after they were relegated so I don't think he has brought himself to look at it yet. From what I flicked through it seemed well structured with all the major incidents being covered. No doubt it will be being updated for the next edition!!
on 6 April 2013
If you support Newcastle United, and can endure the hurt of reading this excellent book by Ged Clarke, it's a must have read. An excellent history on those 50 years, and a recommended read to all footy fans
on 19 October 2013
Being of similar age and attending my first match at St James' in 1964, this was a record of my NUFC history; and better written than I could have done.
on 14 December 2014