Customer reviews

on 19 May 2014
This book has it all, covering the time Charlie Lambert was anchorman at Radio TT, the inside stories, 130 lap records and funny snippets of behind the scenes at the greats road race on earth the Isle of Man TT.
Very worth of a purchase
on 20 June 2014
As a long time visitor to the Isle of Man TT, I am always on the look out for books that tell us about the event in detail from first hand experience.

Charlie has surpassed the criteria for such a book, and I have read it over and over since my son bought it for me for Fathers Day.

He relates a first-hand exciting story of his time in the commentary box at the TT, in this way re-living the Lambert era and all the associated incidents.

it is a very interesting story of not only the race commentary but also how he researched and studied to make sure the facts were correct, and that which he verbally delivered to the public, was enthralling and true. His contacts with the top riders, the background facts and some unique photographs make the book a collectors item for your TT Book Collection.

After 67 years as a TT Fan I thought I knew much about the event but this book has filled a number of holes in my knowledge and therefore I recommend it not only for people like me who are dedicated to the TT and the Isle of Man but also those newly created fans who have caught the TT Bug.

An excellent book indeed .
on 20 May 2014
This book is without doubt one of the best and more detailed accounts from the wonderful Isle of Man TT races, Charlie Lambert has a superb eye for detail and some of his stories from behind the scenes make this such a personal account, I have not missed a TT for over 25 years and the time listening to his commentary made the event for me, He is missed.

Every fan of the event should take a look at this book it is quite exceptional.

I felt the need to update the review, the reason being is that I have just read the book for the third time and it gets better every time, I had the good fortune to meet with Charlie when over at the island and cannot express just how dedicated he was to the sport, his wife played a huge part behind the scenes as well, I am so chuffed with the book it is now pride of place in my TT collection ( that is if I don't read it again )
on 16 January 2016
very good read, enjoyed it.
on 26 August 2015
brilliant book ...thankyou
on 4 August 2015
Great tks dc
on 23 October 2016
fairly good
on 23 December 2014
Very interesting to read what goes on behind the microphone and some clashes of personality's?
on 31 October 2014
Bought as a birthday gift, recipient was really pleased, just what they wanted.
on 22 October 2014
Would have preferred hardback but will make interesting reading