on 16 July 2012
I very rarely find the time to review things but this book was so good I had to!

As a Vespa owner for the last 30 odd years (I know - I know - anorak), I have built up a collection of nearly all the scooter related books/manuals out there. I eagerly awaited publication (and delivery) of this since I first spotted it on Amazon. Once it arrived, I thought I better give it a quick flick through - that's when I experienced the missing time scenario! I couldn't put it down. I read it from cover to cover in about 3 hours - since then I have again gone through it twice and am now planning a restore of an old rusty Vespa hidden up the back of the Batcave- it has inspired me to get my hands dirty again and dust off a few spanners! Bring it on!

The only publication I can easily compare it to wold be "Stickys Lambretta Manual" which is also a must own book for all Lambretta owners (no affiliation - just comparable).

The book is well produced, has very high quality images in abundance and clear instructions. It has the feeling it was put together with love, lots of proof checking, late nights and care. The chapters cover all stages of restoring large frame Vespas and is concise and expertly detailed with great advice on all the stages/pitfalls.

I can highly recommend this book if you are interested in these sorts of projects. If you are not practical or mechanically minded then you may struggle to rebuild a Vespa but with this manual and a grown-up you might just manage it.

Finally, I just wanted to thank the author and publisher for a great piece of work. Excellent, more like this pretty please!
on 24 March 2013
Having recently found a scooter that needs some work done before it goes back onto the road, this has given me a good & thorough illustrated guide, with lots of pictures and enough explanation to take you through it. A worthwhile investment if you've never done anything like it before. Its like a "dummies" for scooter builders really. Good Quality. You will Need your original manual tho, as it can explain ratios next door to what you are exactley doing.
on 2 January 2013
Nicely written, with clear illustrations and comprehensive coverage, this a great guide to interfering with a post-1960 large-frame Vespa. Only problem is, mines a 1957 version..... Still, a good deal of the book still applies, and the general information made the purchase well worth it. Very glad I bought it.
on 26 September 2014
Never ever written a review for anything before but feel compelled to comment on this fantastic book.
Straightforward, user-friendly, and extremely clear guidance, a must for anyone's scooter garage.
I used it pretty much in sequence to restore an imported TX and am already planning my next restoration thanks to this book
on 12 November 2012
Great book, the pictures are very helpful & takes you through the process of restoring your Vespa. If I had one downside it would be not enough text explaining from picture to picture. Great book though a must for every Vespa owner.
on 15 March 2015
the best book I have ever seen for Vespa's. you actually see a ready for the scrap heap Vespa and then see them strip rebuild sometimes repair and finish the same scooter to a showroom finish
on 20 February 2016
Very good book. Illustrates clearly how to restore an old Vespa. It is better than the service manual. I bought both, but I have hardly used the service manual. Everything I needed to take my old Vespa apart was clearly shown in this book.
on 15 May 2013
Excellent book, with hundreds of colour photos, easy to read, easy to understand....I ordered the Haynes manual which I sent back, but this book by Mark Paxton is first class, 5 ***** stars
on 19 January 2013
I have rebuilt my first scooter from the ground up, if I can do the painting as well it would be great. But I enjoyed every minute of dong it up and am looking for my next project.
on 8 September 2013
This is a nice helpful book but it is missing alot of steps, it has alot of pictures and nice details but you cant use it alone to restore a vespa