on 26 September 2008
I wish I had this book a year ago. As an relative amateur I have completed many repairs to my bus and have had to do things the hard way and work out how to repair the bus consulting blogs online or asking people at vw shows for ideas.
This book fills in the blanks between the haynes manual and the body panel spares catalogues. It is not a step by step manual but the pictures beautifully illustrate how a total rust box can be turned into a solid bus with a bit of time and effort.
It has certainly given me confidence that all the repairs I have done so far are up to standard. Also that my bus will be finished one day.
Repairing the bus still remains a challenging project and will require a lot of storage space, time, tools and effort. Loss of finger nails and prints will inevitably occur.
The book also lists dimensions of door frames etc.
An excellent book.!!
on 14 October 2009
Hi, this message is for all people, like me, love to work on own baywindow bus.
this book is a fantastic guide for the rastauration of bus (1968-79) with a lot of photos of two mechanics that dismantled and rebuilt a bus. There are many advises for buy and conserve a bus. For me it has been very useful.
on 9 April 2012
This manual is superbly detailed and covers almost every angle of bus restoration from bodywork to work on chassis and suspension etc. only thing I found wanting is a little more information on electrics and engines but, then there are more detailed books available particularly about aircooled engines.

Nice one!
on 19 August 2011
I purchased this manual from Amazon to guide me through my restoration of my bay window camper van. It is a must!!
Amazon was the cheapest by far and their delivery service second to none. I was kept up to date on my order from purchase, dispatch to delivery. I look forward to my next purchase.
on 3 March 2014
Book is Exactly as described.
I have not started to work on the van so unsure as to how useful it will be but happy with condition of the book.
on 12 March 2013
This book was/is brilliant ! I know it may not be to everyones taste but I was chuffed to bits with it, it gives me general advice and guidance , just what I was looking for when restoring my T2. It is easy to follow with brilliant pictures. I did find the internal furnishings part a tad lacking and there is more I would have liked to have know about the paint, BUT never the less , I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a general and informative book on the restoration of Bays well this is it .
on 12 December 2013
This is a very informative well detailed book on how to restore a VW Type 2. Body work repairs and restoration are discussed in great detail which is a blessing as body work is the hardest job on a T2. Pictures are clear and well presented and text is easy to follow. The only flaw is the price. Considering a lot of information on VW camper van restoration is available on the Internet, facebook groups and YouTube, you have to really consider is the book not a bit too expensive?
on 6 April 2011
I'm very new to the VW/air cooled scene so have bought a number of books to help me with the maintenance of my van and this has to be one of the better ones. Luckily I dont have to restore the bus from scratch as this book explains but its split nicely to allow me to look at the smaller jobs and how to them properly.

Its quite invaluable in some aspects.

I am sure the bigger jobs will come up at some point during the vans life and this book will allow me to have a go at them myslef. Itss a great starting point if you are keen to get your hands dirty and cant translate the haynes manual.....
on 4 August 2012
I am new to vw bus world and I found this book very helpful it full of good info and photos to help
on 8 April 2013
Read this book before you buy a Bay Window camper (unless it is already fully restored). Still worth buying as they will always require future work. This book will also explain what should have been completed to a fully restored Bay.