on 6 March 2017
This was a gift for an elderly friend, who suffers greatly with arthritic hands. She found it very hard to hold the book, while lying in bed. She uses this a lot of the time now. She can now read her numerous books with ease.
Many thanks
3 people found this helpful
on 2 May 2014
This book holder is exactly what my husband needed to keep his workshop books and diagrams to hand while working on his latest project. He uses it with the stand base (not pictured) for both portrait (diagrams) and landscape (workshop books) layouts. The white strip in the back of the blue horizontal bar pulls out to the desired width, with the upright bit moved to the centre of the new width. Then the book itself is clipped in on both sides. It's quite study and holds the largest workshop books with ease. Plus it keeps my better half from 'borrowing' my cookbook holder, so a win all around! (In addition, this package includes an adhesive-backed receptacle which facilitates attaching the holder to one side of computer monitor, for use as a document copy holder.)
on 23 September 2017
Bought for an old friend ...she is very pleased with this item....helps her tremendously as she is bedridden but reads constantly and has had difficulty in holding open a book....solved with this holder. The clips are just slightly firm for her arthritic hands but she says it is manageable!
on 21 December 2015
I wanted this for some thicker books, although well within its capacity. However if proved to not be very stable, difficult to turn pages and eventually one of the plastic side grips broke when it slipped flat.

Now using £5 Fellowes Booklift Copy Holder which is far better in all those aspects. Just a shame Fellowes don't offer a deluxe version of that design (just a bit thicker plastic or aluminium) but its not broken yet and at the cost I can buy more than three for the cost of the Easy Read Book Holder!
on 31 January 2015
Super device. I had one for around 5 years and it was used almost daily. It's extremely useful if like me you have arthritis, but I think it would be good for anyone who likes to read in bed or at the table as the book can be propped up and you only have to release the catch to turn the page.
UPDATE May 2016: Unfortunately this item has failed - one of the clips broke off where it joins the adjustable bar. The plastic didn't even snap - it just parted as if it was very weak. This Book Holder has lasted only 19 months and it cost nearly £15, whereas the first one I had lasted almost 5 years and cost around £10. I've informed Amazon and they are totally uninterested as it's out of the guarantee period. I shall buy another one as I'm lost without it, but I'll buy from another source, not Amazon!
on 10 September 2017
I am a translator and this smart gagdet literally saves my shoulders and neck. Nothing compares as believe me I tried other alternatives in the market. This is my second one, I lost the earlier one in an overseas move so I was deligthed to find it here. Very fast shipping and good price. Highly recommended...
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 2 December 2013
There are a lot of good design aspects here, for either holding a book open or clamping paper. It does hold the books open and will keep the pages ready for you to refer to, the trouble is turning a page of a book and re-applying the clamp, or swapping pages of reference in the clamp, is very fiddly. A book will sit on a bed as described in the promo pictures but you're likely to rip the pages trying to turn the page, or end up pulling your hair out. Probably better suited to holding up pages of A4 for reference beside a monitor.
on 20 April 2018
I haven't been able to read for about a year due to neck problems but this on top of a bean bag lap tray means I can quite easily now. Very pleased!
on 21 October 2013
Does its job well,but is a little on the unstable side, when turning pages and clipping into position.

Its adjustment for width and hight of a book or magazine,is probably unequalled.

I personally got over the instability of the single book holder, by buying a second holder, turning both book readers vertical, then fitting both into a base support frame I made. "Heh-presto" a secure, adjustable book / magazine book holder.
on 22 August 2013
I had planned to use this product for work (I translate books). After much thinking I returned it because the plastic clips on both sides are not sturdy enough, they look like they would break easily. If the company was willing to build the same product with metal rather than plastic clips, I would buy it without hesitation. The fact that they are transparent is less important for me than sturdiness.
One person found this helpful