on 26 September 2012
Excellent service delivered in good time. I am so glad that these books have been reprinted, I had a couple in the series and now I have every one in the series in which I am interested. It was a great pity that they could not reprint in hard cover, and reproduce the maps in colour of the originals. Perhaps someone reading this will take my comments to heart and do something about this - perhaps reproducing the maps separately and in the colour and size of the originals. I don't want to keep harping on but the mare so important to a student using these books for study, and because of the way the books are bound it is very difficult to see double page spread maps, and sometimes the inner edges are not visible.

Now the criticisms are out of the way I find the books as good in text print as the original. These books are not really for reading cover to cover although the serious student may well do so. Hut their value is a source for dipping into while reading another book about the locale and period. I have been hunting these books but never thought to search by author and yet when that bright idea struck lights in my head there they were.

So I have so far only dipped into these books (I bought several in the series) and, yes, they make a good read and are full of important information about the place and events of the Second World War.
on 25 January 2014
The official history of the Mediterranean and Middle East Theatre of Ops in WWII. Normally one might steer clear of "officlal histories" but this one is great