on 21 April 2012
We recently preached through Malachi and in preparation for the series I found this commentary very helpful and with it being not too expensive I bought copies for the rest of the preaching team. The book is good, clear and helpful as we struggle with the Biblical text. Perhaps now I should encourage my team to preach Zechariah to get full value from the commentary!
on 8 August 2014
This is a useful enough commentary on these three books. As always with Christian focus publications the writer opens up the text in a clear and helpful way and is not over technical in his approach to translation unless completely necessary for understanding the text. As such this is a useful commentary which would help anyone get orientated in the book from that point of view of preaching it or leading Bible studies. That said it would also be very useful if you are just reading through the book for your own devotion and edification. I've used it when I preach true Malachi and also parts of Zechariah and found it very helpful.