on 11 January 2016
Clear and useful
on 23 October 2013
Excellent guide with latest information on the island - unlike other guides I have ever bought, I carried this one round with me as it was so useful.
on 10 September 2013
I always visit Greece for my holidays and have the usual travel guides, but when I spotted this I thought it was ideal, a good size to carry about rather than a rather large book covering all of Greece.

I found the book to be very informative, with descriptions of various towns and villages being filled with just the right amount of information. I wish I had found the book earlier so that I could have read it properly before going away, there were no large heavy going chapters but I think that perhaps I would have planned my holiday a little differently so that I got to see more of the island.

There are small black and white photos in the book and it is stated that the reason for this is to keep down costs, there is a link to a web site in the book where you can access further information and pictures, but I feel personally that the book would have benefited colour photographs, the black and white photos do not do the island justice, it is a beautiful island and this point is lost without colour.

There is also a voucher for 10% off purchase prices from some shops within Thassos Town and beyond, this is a good idea, but I personally didn't use it, as I found the choice of shops accepting this voucher to be limited.

I hope to return to Thassos and I shall be taking my book again for reference.
on 21 August 2013
Very interesting and informative guide with useful maps. Just what is needed to make the most of a holiday on the island.
on 19 August 2013
It's probably the only guide book of Thassos. Two downsides of the book are; there are no pictures and there are no hotel or restaurant recommendations.
on 9 August 2013
a neat little preview of my forthcoming holiday, lots of information. pictures and web links so should come in handy
on 9 July 2013
Well written comprehensive guide to the island of Thassos by someone who lives there.
Would definitely recommend you buy this book for your trip
on 8 July 2013
found the book very good cant belive the only day we forgot the book at the hotel we met tony on the habourside inThassos town it was great to talk to him he also gave us some good advice thanks tony we would love to go back
on 4 July 2013
On travelling to Thassos we found this book to be of great help in making the most of our holiday there. It was also good to meet the author in Thassos Town.
on 22 June 2013
Although there are not really any pictures, ( you can go on their website to view loads) it is a really interesting book and up to date information. You can also get a voucher for 10% off various places on the island. Cant wait to go on holiday their in September now:-)