WOW! For the past few weeks I had held jewellery parties for children and the most popular items are the charms bracelets, necklaces and keyrings. Everyone seems to love charms.
How to make silver charms from metal clay by Sue Heaser...What an excellent book for anyone who wants to learn how to make beautiful popular modern charms from heeled shoes, bluebirds, to lovely horseshoes to name a few of the 50 projects.
Towards the end of the book is a section on Material, tools and techniques that is suitable for the novices as well as those who have a basic knowledge of metal clay.
You can open this book at any page and find the projects very easy to follow. I love the charm metal clay books that open up and can be filled with paper pages...Amazing!
The instructions and construction techniques are so clear that there is no doubts on how to make the charms.
It is like a mini sculpturing lesson made very easy.I have been looking for courses on making charms for ages so when I came across this book on Amazon I pre ordered it for 1st October 2013 and to my great surprise it arrived one week earlier than predicted.
I will be trying our many of the projects using copper metal clay before moving onto silver metal clay.
I am hooked on Sue's metal clay books and as a tutor of metal clay can highly recommend all her 3 metal clay books.
This book could launch a good business for anyone who wants to make charm necklaces and bracelets too.
Buy it before it gets SOLD OUT! My three top resource metal clay books are all written by Sue Heaser.
Once you have a acquired a basic knowledge of metal clay techniques Sue's well illustrated books teach you how to make so many projects as well as how to handle metal clay.
10 out of 10 for best metal clay charms book on the market today. This is how books should be written in a way the end user can feel very confident in understanding clearly. Brilliant!
Pat Sharma Dip.PMC mcsj Tutor - Croydon jewellery school.
on 25 January 2014
My two passions combined - making small (clay) things and collecting small (charm) things. Now I can see how easy it is to make just about any silver charm I'd like to have, even with no silversmithing experience, those bracelets are going to be spectacular. Good clear, easy instructions and beautiful pictures.
on 9 April 2014
Good little book and one worth having as a reference, some it is was a bit 'obvious' and a bit 'the same again' not quite as exciting as I expected or hoped for.
on 1 November 2013
Yes I would recommend it to my friends, it is easy to read and make the charms. You can use clay
on 10 October 2016
Just as described. Beautiful book full of inspiration. Step by step guides and how to. Could not be happier with the purchase.
on 19 September 2015
A great book. I haven't tried any of the projects yet but they are clearly explained
on 3 April 2015
A very informative book which is easy to work with now and in future projects
on 8 August 2014
Excellent for increasing your knowledge and giving you alternative ideas
on 6 November 2015
Thanks very quick delivery.... all ok :)
on 3 December 2015