on 30 August 2013
Lots of good ideas about things you can do with your camera, very well illustrated, and on top quality paper. This book will stimulate you into taking more photographs. What you do with all the extra photographs, apart from filling up your computer, is up to you!
Perhaps a follow up book, 52 ways to sell your pictures!
on 23 February 2015
If you're looking for a personal project to dedicate yourself to then this is perfect. However, if you've only got a digital camera, like most people, then you'll find yourself stalling and possibly unable to complete it. I am enjoying this, but I decided to complete the book week by week and when I got to week 7: Underwater, I completely stalled. I live in Sweden, and in January, there is ice, not water. Sure, I could get creative and drop something into a glass or pay to go into a pool, but really, this exercise would have been better suited to a week further into the book, like say... July or August weeks. If you're in the Southern Hemisphere, this won't bother you. Overall, the book is okay, but I feel most of the exercises are inaccessible to the average person. Even for a photographer like myself who HAS access to most of the gear needed, like film to produce the Redscale exercise and an underwater housing or a Lensbaby, a few of the exercises, like Aerial Shots and Tilt Shift.... will be impossible for some. This is proving hard to actually complete week by week without having to chop and change weeks in the book or acquiring the gear/tools needed. I'm not one to give up, but completing this week by week like I had intended is just painstakingly annoying and proving that 52 weeks won't actually be that way.
on 29 June 2013
This is a Brilliant book with lots of ideas for gcse photography course with clear technical guidance. It is Highly recommended.
on 29 September 2014