Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 July 2013
It's not a big book, but it is really well laid out and full of great ideas. It contains some simple recipes and you could cook an entire meal from it. But its real value is the way it can turn a simple plate of food into something that looks like it would cost big bucks in a fancy restaurant. Great gift for someone who fancies themselves as a bit of a chef.
on 18 May 2010
This book is more for the entertainer than photogrpapher. However it has some grerat hints, tips and tricks.
on 25 October 2013
This was bought for my son a professional chef, assuming (wrongly) since it was bought alongside the Flavor Thesaurus, it would be of an equal standard. Wrong! As was said... "Beautiful thought, but it's the Sybil Fawlty School of the bleedin' obvious for the very hard of thinking"

Seriously, unless you are a complete novice, or just setting out on buffet catering, etc, give this one a miss.
on 21 April 2012
love this book, one of the simplist to follow for presentation ideas, and used it recently when I took over a friends French restaurant for a day to make me look like I knew what I was doing.
if you want to add that finishing touch to your food then a must have in my opinion
on 9 February 2012
I am a weekend cook at home, this book is perfect for a few fresh ideas for dinner party's, some of the ideas are simple but elegant and not too tricky for my more basic level of kitchen skills. So pleased I bought it I know I will get a lot of use from it
on 21 January 2012
the pictures alone, give so many ideas to make food look
wonderful on the plate.
I thought this book was worth every penny it cost,then some. You will now know how chefs do it. Have been waiting a long time for this book.!
on 28 May 2012
This book is so infomative and full of great ideas. It is loaded with pictures and everything is completely simply explained. this book could make any average chef look like a five star pro. Highly recommended.
on 10 May 2012
The book is well laid out and presented in an easy ready format and that's about it as good as it gets. You have to get 30 pages in before you see any of the examples of the food techniques.
If you want your dishes to look like they came from the 70's then this book is for you. All the examples are based on white plates only and examples shown make the food look flat with no taste. Crossing chives as herb garnishes and using chocolate leaves for desserts! Seriously, who still does that?
I really wouldnt call the examples in this book food presenting secrets unless you have been in a time warp for the last 40 years. I was amazed to find it was only first printed in 2010.
I really should read the reviews properly first before I buy something. I was so dissapointed with it I sent it back, which is something I very rarely do.
on 18 February 2013
Students how have looked through this book for ideas to improve their catering presentation have been inspired. User friendly with supportive images, great teaching aid.
on 16 July 2012
This book is a must for all cooks, especially ones like me who are not the slightest bit creative. I can cook but presentation is no good! Great ideas and good recipes.