on 24 November 2007
Jean Moss shows with this book her unerring touch on the pulse of retro fashion with her evocation of 1950`s glamour.It contains beautiful and wearable knits with simplicity of design outline and execution. All demonstrate the Moss Style we all admire, but this time around you don`t necessarily need to be an advanced knitter. My favourites are the roll collar jacket in alpaca and the gorgeous velvety asymetric jacket in velvety chenille yarn.It is as lovely as a design statement showing design versatility as it is a manual for instruction....buy it for Christmas I say.
on 20 April 2011
This is a lovely book to have - not sure how useful it's going to be at the moment though. There is a good number and variety of styles using different types of yarn from very fine to chunky and it does have gorgeous colour photographs that make you want to pick up your pins and try something. No yardage is given for the patterns only tension so it might be a little bit tricky trying to use an alternative yarn. Having read through some of the patterns I think they are suited to the slightly more experienced knitter rather than an absolute beginner but the only way to become experienced I suppose is to keep trying new things and learning from them. I do like this book and I'm glad I bought it but may have to start with something quite simple and work from there! I would definately recommend this book even if it sits on the coffee table for a bit!