on 27 July 2015
Easy to buy, competitively priced and right to your door. First class.
on 23 December 2010
I just had to get my yearly dose of this brilliant lot, Oor Willie and the Broons, my childhood, memories of xmas morning with a selection box and the annual,I was happy for days, well worth the money.
on 25 July 2015
great read for fans
on 7 December 2012
The Broons and Oor Wullie: Family Fun Through the Years (Annual) I have just cut and pasted this and its just given me a thought as to how i shall reply to my next review
on 31 December 2010
Another walk down memory lane with The Broons and Oor Wullie, these books are fun for all the family, from the oldest who remember these years to the grandkids who get to learn how there grandparents etc used to live. A non-eduational way for kids to view a bygone way of life in Scotland.
on 4 June 2015
Great
on 21 September 2012
My son may be 43 now but he still gets excited about getting a new Broons or Oor Wullie book every Xmas !
on 16 October 2010
The Broons and Oor Wullie collections are just fantastic. If you are a fan you would have seen how the cartoon strips in recent years have been sanitised to the point of dullness in these overtly pc times we live in. The retrospectives though are a different matter, harking back to days when boys could be boys and people were allowed to have fun. It's great fun to peep into the past through these excellently drawn cartoon strips. The humour is timeless and the simplicity of life is something to be envied.
on 17 January 2011
D C Thompson must surely be coming to the end of their stocks of Dudley D Watkins artwork for this series of hardback reprints of The Broons and Oor Wullie.

For me, he is simply the best of all comic artists - wonderfully clean lines and the great skill of "less is more". I read my first Oor Wullie annual in the early '60's as a child, as was instantly hooked, even as a Sassenach. I was intrigued by the language and loved both the stories and artwork.

Even if you have some of the original softback annuals, this is a way to revisit them without feeling guilty that you are damaging them.

If not, and either you enjoy comics or have children aged 8 to 10, give this a try - you won't regret it!
on 21 February 2011
What can you say about the Broons and Oor Wullie ? We were brought up reading these books and now the whole family can enjoy their antics. The book came very quickly and as usual I was impressed with packaging and speed of delivery.