Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Discover more Shop now

I started buying the Beano and Dandy annuals each Christmas for my son from 2012 and he loves them so much I decided to try and source all of them going back to when he was born in 2004. I've given up looking in charity shops as I haven't yet found a single one in any of them.

For some reason I hadn't thought to look on Amazon but when I did I was surprised to see them available at such a cheap price. I've bought a fair few now and the quality of these second hand annuals has been consistently good. One or two have had some drawing in them (puzzle page), despite the listing saying they are unmarked but really, this hasn't been a problem.

Needless to say the content is fantastic and I've enjoyed a good read myself!

I now have the final batch of six from 2002, 2003 and 2004 stashed away ready to give him at Christmas and so he'll have every one thats been published since he was born. I wonder when he'll tell me to stop?

Absolutely recommended.
on 28 December 2009
My boys get the Beano & Dandy every year and love them. I remember my brother & I getting them every year, so I actually like pinching them now & again to have a read of. Good to see that kids really do still like the same simple things that we did, before all this modern technology.
on 26 January 2010
After some rather unkind words with regards the new look to Desperate Dan strips (although it's been drawn by Jamie Smart since 2008, so it's hardly new). I have to say that personally these strips are probably the best thing about this annual and indeed my children's favourite strip in the Dandy comic. While a couple of years ago, Desperate Dan would have been the last strip they would have read, it is now probably the best thing about the Dandy. Far from having the look of being 'Drawn by a chimp' Jamie Smart's simplistic style is technically brilliant and, more importantly, it's incredibly funny. Just the shot in the arm Desperate Dan needed to bring him up to date for the new generation of children.
on 5 January 2010
Hello.
It was Christmas time and wanted to get my children an annual from when I was a child. I found this annual - The Dandy Annual 2010 and ordered it. When I got it home I wrapped it in wrapping paper and put it under the Christmas tree. A few days after Christmas my child came to me and asked why Desperate Dan looked different inside.
I compared the outside cover of the annual and compared it with the inside cartoons -- it was total different. I looked like some student had just done a quick sketch.
I wrote an E-Mail to the publishers DC THOMSON and complained. But they didn`t reply ... how embarrassing.
I certainly would not buy any of the DC THOMSON annuals and would certain recommend that you don`t buy their annuals until the quality has returned to something good.
on 17 January 2010
Just bought the Dandy annual and can't believe my eyes. One of my all time favourites Desperate Dan now appears to be illustrated by a chimpanzee, or perhaps Benny from Crossroads. Must do better, if not call it a day.
on 3 January 2010
We bought this book as a 'fun' way for our French friends' 12 year old son to improve his English. He says the book is 'cool'. The parents seem to like it too - good fun all round.
on 18 May 2010
I bought this as a Christmas present for my 14yr old son, who loves these annuals and can spend hours reading them. Also, it was much cheaper than the shops.
on 9 January 2010
Bought as an xmas present, this was, and still is, enjoyed by my son as it has lots of pictures and not so many words!
on 4 December 2009
brought this annual for my son for christmas. arrived very quicky and was very happy with purchase and price thanks.
on 4 September 2014
Only given a three star rating as it was described as very good condition and the spine of the book was broken.