• Pie

Customer reviews

Pie
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 6 December 2011
This is a nicely presented book with what looks like real recipes and inspirational ideas. However one does get a sneaking feeling that some of the recipes are derived from elsewhere. Hard pressed to describe it as a recipe book as it could as easily be described as a 'coffee-table' book. This does not in any way detract from its usefulness, and the illustrations are good. I have found it useful, especially re the 'Noble Pie' recipes, and I would recommend it for anyone with an interest in making pies.
on 18 November 2008
I had never made pastry in my life before getting this book - in less than 3 months, I am now fairly confident with most single and double crust pies - sweet and savoury.

The most helpful factor from this book aiding my pie making was the early chapters on equipment and pastry recipes. The recipes are clearly laid out and state exactly the size and shape of the pie plate / container needed to cook with. This did mean having to spend a few extra pennies on 'tools for the job' but the final result makes this worthwhile.

Almost all the recipes are cleverly and beautifully illustrated. Love it - in my humble opinion, nearly faultless.
on 26 January 2014
Already had this book in paperback - bought hardback for a relative's Christmas present. After reading all the latest chef books from the last 20 years this book takes you back to basics - exactly how I used to bake pies/pastry 40 years ago, and forgotten because of following the last craze/chef. I use it all the time.
on 29 December 2010
Bought for a present ideal recipe book beginning all details explained about making pastry and what is needed and then into recipes for pie ideas some excellent recipes yet to try them all. Anyone looking at this book and debating whether to buy please do you will be pleased.
on 16 November 2013
I've got this as a gift for someone. They love pies especially savoury which are the bulk recipes in the book. It has loads of interesting recipes to choose from. Simple to follow and offers a variety of pastries to use as well. I almost want to keep it for myself!!
on 24 December 2010
This book is the best Pie book ever full of easy to follow recipes. With stories you can clearley see the author loves making pies and wants to share her love for pie making.it's that good i'm going to buy it for my sister who is very fussy.BUY IT
on 27 July 2011
Overall a useful book as it features a variety of pie recipes that rate from simple to advanced, great illustrations and very readable. I would recommend.
on 3 February 2013
A great book if you are into savouries clear precise recipes with good graphics. Company were very quick to process the order
on 29 January 2013
A buy for my daughters Christmas present, having received one myself last year, and she is thrilled to bits with it.
on 30 December 2013
Bought this for my daughter and she has already started on some of the recipes and thinks it is very good value