Customer reviews

Pitt Cue Co. - The Cookbook
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 30 May 2014
Don't waste your money on the Kindle edition, buy that hardcover. In Kindle there is no contents and no index pages. I was so disappointed I had to buy the Hardcover version as well so bought same book twice. Amazon sort out these dreadful Kindle copies, I don't expect to have to buy a book twice.
on 7 May 2017
This book is great on the stuff it should be: barbecue recipes. I've made several of the meats and they are top. The pickles and slaws are also pretty good, and the cocktail section is a great intro to some basic manhattan and sour variations.

But guys, what is up with the proportions on the London buns? I thought the dough looked way too wet, but I figured, go with it. So I baked them and I'd be lying if I said they were edible...
review image
on 14 January 2014
Aimed at genuine bbq enthusiasts. Presented well and has a feeling of genuine quality about it, little concession is made to the home cook with all recipe's being geared toward outside bbq'ing. perhaps that is a fatuous point to make about a book about bbq food but other similar titles offer alternative advice for cooking on conventional ovens and grills. a lot of the recipe's are time consuming so if you're looking for quick eats then this isn't the book for you. however, on the couple of occasions that i've attempted a recipe from the book they have tasted delicious. a good book to have when cooking for a special occasion or if you really want to learn how to bbq properly.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 October 2014
Fills a gap, both on the culinary bookshelf and in the carnivore's tummy. Bought this for advice on smoking meats (excellent) and understanding the avalanche of obscurer cuts of meat becoming available (adequate but no more). Mixed bag of recipes, and I think many of these cuts are obscure for a reason - the amount of time and effort needed to make them edible by marinating, shredding, cooking in a glutinous sugary coating. By the end I was hoping to see a recipe for barbecued hipster but no such luck. Excellent in its way, though probably not for the beginner.
on 2 July 2016
A lot of swearing in this cookbook, if I had realised that I may not have bought it.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 May 2016
Not a book for the amateur, but I've found it very useful. Nice section on cocktails and snacks at the begining. This is not a boook to delve into "on the day" of your barby. Quite a few of the recipies require a fair amount of prep and some time to cook. I've followed (ish) a couple of recipies from the book and they've turned out great. As they say in the book, this type of cooking is a not an exact science and the book can be used as a guide rather than a bible.
on 31 October 2015
a lot of the recipes are "londonified" i.e not really practical without a great deal of equipment and access to unusual ingredients. if pretension is your bag you'll probably enjoy!
on 14 February 2015
Bought this for my nephew as it was on his Christmas wish list. He's over the moon with it - I think he's found it a little hard to source a couple of items for the recipes, especially the cocktails as it is largely American-orientated. But. with a little planning he's managed to source them from Amazon, so job done!
on 21 November 2013
i love this book for several reasons. Usually i buy almost 2-3 cook books a month and few are so inspiring like this one.
The guys running the Pitt and cue seem really like they are letting you in how they think and how to make great food, drinks and sauces.
thanks guys
on 7 April 2014
Absolutely love this book. So far I have made several of the sauces and rubs. The chocolate and peanut butter tart is to die for. I have recommended this book to all my Friends.