Top critical review
9 people found this helpful
Rich people and high end antique dealers only!
on 4 January 2014
Disappointed. I'm not sure exactly who this book is aimed at. Certainly not your average person who likes to browse antique shops or general collectors. More like rich people who are looking to invest in antiques. This is supposed to be 'the only price guide you will ever need'. Perhaps, if you are a high end antique dealer or a rich collector. At least 90% of the items shown are priced in the thousands and the other 10% probably the mid to high hundreds. Beginners stay away. Also the information is sparse and more useful to dealers in expensive antiques. This will probably preclude even your average town dealer as the prices in this book are so prohibitive. If you want a general guide to antiques that covers a range of prices and items then stay away from this book.