on 6 April 2017
The plethora of 5 stars led me to believe this to be the holy grail of wine bibliography. Certainly when the book arrived, it felt weighty enough to deserve its reputation. The first 50 pages or so are a rather terse introduction into the world of wine and its production with a page or two dedicated to the various grapes of the world. However each grape simply receives a handful of explanatory notes before moving swiftly. There is not an enormity of details on the production of wine or tasting that would transform one into an aficionado (to be fair the only way to do that is the drink a lot).

In the books defence, it does what it says on the tin. It is an atlas and hence is a detailed look into the regions which produce the wine. In my defence, I admit I had expected more detail giving such glowing reviews. A beautiful book, but one that will cast aside on the coffee table in lieu of my bedside table.
on 18 August 2016
You could not give this book a poor review because it's in a category of its own. It's beautifully produced and written and is a joy just to dip into in an idle moment or refer to for something specific. I'm not a professional but I imagine if I was I would be very sure to have this book to hand. The book retails at £40 which was a bit too much for my budget but the price I was asked to pay here was competitive and puts it within the reach (I imagine) of more wine lovers
on 6 April 2017
A really beautiful book. It is superbly printed and jam-packed with just about all the information one would want to know about vineyards, grapes, methods, tastings etc. etc. The authors and the team behind the product should be highly commended for all their hard work.
on 19 March 2017
Initially I bought it to offer as a gift, but when I saw it I kept it for myself. Very interesting and a prompt delivery. Thanks
on 14 March 2017
Our wine loving friend loves this book and he's an expert!!
on 26 April 2017
Wonderful book. Incredibly detailed and thorough, complete with many maps. I do wish my eye sight was better, as the print is quite small to fit so much in. Great reference book to have.
on 25 May 2017
If you really love wine and are interested in where it comes from this book is a must. It replaced my very well worn 2nd edition (1977)
on 13 March 2017
I had the original edition and bought this 7th edition for my son........ a fantastic reference book for general wine knowledge.
on 23 August 2017
every Sommelier or wine enthusiast should have one on their book's shelves, plenty of information of every kind
on 11 April 2017
Excellent and full of good and well presented information