on 5 December 2014
I brought this as a present for my Russian friends when I visited them in Moscow. They always go on about about how beautiful their country is and all the vastness and green forests. So I wanted to show them that my country is not all cities, Big Ben and tower bridge. Some lovely photos of English countryside and landscapes, this book did the job.
Most importantly the photographs within this medium landscape sized book are simply stunning. We all charge off abroad on holidays and yet right on our doorstep we have some of the most evocative landscapes in the world. It is truly inspiring stuff.

However I have some small issues. Firstly the actual manufacture of the book and the panoramic pictures mean that they are spread out over two pages with the spine in between. This cannot take away from the superb technical and artistic endeavours of Mark Denton but is does detract from the picture - which is why I bought the book in the first place.

Secondly there are no technical details. I'm not a good photographer of landscapes but I would like to learn and become better. One of the ways of doing so is to learn the nuts and bolts of the job from someone far in advance in ability. This book does not give anything that would assist in my small steps to technical competency. There is an addendum at the back of the book giving locations and some small notes, but nothing one could use for betterment. It's a small grip though because this book is about the beauty and splendour of England which is much maligned by many yet remains one of the best countries on this planet.
on 17 February 2013
i looked thru all the england coffee table books and decided on this one due to the panorama format. it's gorgeous. i've given it as a gift twice and both recipients loved it. would definitely recommend.
on 6 February 2014
I bought this to send to a pen friend in Australia but because it's quite a heavy book and postage would have been horrendous decided to keep it. Lovely pictures, such clarity...shows England at its best
on 14 November 2010
From the photo's that I've seen that will be included in this book, it will be another beautiful addition to the Mark Denton collection.

The description is wrong though. Mark has actually produced 5 books, Yorkshire coast, London, Lakes, Yorkshire Moors and Edinburgh. With 'England' being his 6th.
on 7 January 2011
The book is excellent and a perfect pictorial resume of the English countryside. It was recommended in the magazine Country Walking and I am not disappointed in it whatsoever
on 4 February 2014
Such a lovely collection of photogr.aphs of England. Bought it as a gift for a relative who has gone to live in New York. Thought it would be a lovely reminder of home
on 17 June 2013
Chose this as a 60th birthday present for a friend as it is a lovely book. Sure they will be pleased with it.