Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 May 2017
An excellent and interesting read, recommended by a friend. Difficult to put down even well after midnight.
I have many books waiting to be read but this one jumped to the head of the queue and proved worthy of its special place.
An incredible true story of survival against all odds.
on 30 March 2016
Got the incredible film on blu ray with a great cast of characters, acting, photography & soundtrack. Now reading the book which is hard to put down and want it to last almost as long as the actual trek to freedom.

Really surprised when I found the film just off chance. Can't remember it on the cinema run? Deserves more recognition than it has if you ask me?
on 23 April 2017
I brought this as a gift for my father so I don't know personally but he did say it's a very good read!
on 13 April 2011
I first read this book many years ago.and never forgot it. So much so that I bought it again recently for my kindle. It was just as exciting to read again after all these years.
The courage, bravery and ultimate perseverance shown was awe inspiring. The journey across Siberia and then the Gobi desert was truly amazing and I can't recommend this book enough. Possibly the best book I have ever read.
on 30 May 2017
Very interesting as my Grandad was Polish and held in Siberia before returning to the polish army but unknown by what means but walked a long way. He said once, yo his daughter at 16, if u want to know the story of the polish prisoners read this book, my man is now 68.
on 3 August 2017
Excellent book, even better than the film
on 15 March 2017
very good thanks
on 20 September 2017
i first read this book around 50 years ago and its as amazing now as it was then. Unbelievable story of courage and the human spirits refusal to give in.
on 13 June 2017