Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 September 2009
I found this a brilliant tool with clients suffering from body image problems. It is great as a self help book and even better when used in conjunction with therapy. My clients love it.
on 4 January 2014
I was really hoping this book would be incredibly helpful to me. I have also read some other workbooks on the same issue, and I found some of them to be better (for instance the body Image workbook) The reason I found the Body Image Workbook more helpful is because it has very simple steps and worksheets that you can photocopy that are the correct size (i.e the book is a bigger size so it makes it easier to photocopy). Overcoming Body Image problems is also a good book and well written, it could have just been organized better and simplified (in my opinion). I think it could be improved and made more helpful for clients.
on 18 August 2013
Bought on recommendation from someone else and it has been useful in helping to understand what this problem is about. A bit heavy going at times but it needs to be. Overall it has been helpful.
on 6 February 2013
Excellent book. Easy to read and the practical side of it ensures it never gets bring. Interesting subject matter and worthy of all it's good reviews.
on 25 June 2011
This book is about learning to be self deluded and like everything else I've ever read about body dysmorphia disorder (BDD), it completely misses the point. It claims to provide cognitive behaviour methods that can be used by BDD sufferers to enable them to live successfully with their body image. Oh jolly dee! Thank you very much - for nothing. Why didn't I ever think of pretending that I haven't got a physical defomity then I could live a happy life? Am I stupid or what? According to the authors, BDD sufferers with a physical deformity can learn to live with it - if only they would learn to pretend. Excuse me, I must go now as the roof of my house has just fallen in. Or should I just pretend it hasn't?
on 22 April 2015
Fab book for service user or therapist
on 25 April 2016
Really helpful
on 30 August 2013
Book as expected-very useful as self help guide or for clinicians to use to guide their treatment with clients. Would recommend
on 9 April 2013
The book said it had been read but was not damaged and the book came to us very intact indeed. Good product would buy off this person again