on 15 November 2012
This is another collection of short stories featuring the star of the Roma sub Rosa series.
If you are a fan of the series, then you will certainly enjoy them; if you have not read any of the books, I would suggest that these shorts are not the best place to start - try Roman Blood, the first in the series.
Good reading, but too expensive for what they are.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 February 2016
I had forgotten that I had already read this adventure of Gordianus, but I did read it through again and found it all as charming as previously. Also with some of these stories we learn new things not only about life during those times but the potions they used for various reasons....
One person found this helpful
on 12 January 2016
Have read this before but unforrtunalty there was some pages missing...this time ordered Kindle edition
on 21 July 2017
very good
on 9 February 2013
I brought the books in paperback version initially, now I've got them on my kindle. Great story lines and a rip roaring read, you feel you're part of Roman history. Love the diverse family and the plots woven around historical events.
on 23 June 2017
A thoroughly enjoyable read.
One person found this helpful
on 11 December 2013
Steven Saylor gives you a good, deep insight into life and how people lived in the roman times. Once you've read one book, you'r hooked. Brilliant Author. Would highly recommend you try his books.
on 29 December 2012
Can't speak highly enough regarding the stories about Gordianus. These short stories explain what happens in the period between the first and second books and should be read before the third in the series.
on 24 April 2016
being short stories I never as coming mext
on 5 January 2016