on 3 January 2016
This book is very easy to follow. It is a good starting place if your child has a single fear (sleeping alone, spiders) but it is not so helpful if there are several anxieties tied up together such as separation anxiety / anxiety about being anxious.
on 8 December 2012
Have not finished reading it yet, but so far have found lots of useful advice, most of which I'm already using with my son who's afraid of the dark and being on his own.
on 23 October 2015
This is an excellent book to read if your child has problems with fears and worries. It is written very well, easy to understand and implement the suggestions the author has to help your child over come those fears / worries. It gives you confidence to know that you can help your child with some quite serious fears / worries and that hopefully, with practise using specific techniques, your child can learn to cope. They will also have the knowledge so that they can work through any future worries that may rear it ugly head.
on 8 September 2014
General overview, don't expect detail. Limited value with regard to OCD.
on 13 May 2013
I wanted a professional view and practical guidance on how to tackle my 10 year old son's fears about sleeping away from home. The book was great, and we have drawn up a step by step plan with my son and are currently working our way through it. Fingers crossed.
on 5 February 2015
quite helpful for my granddaughter aged 11 with autism
on 11 February 2017
This book is amazing. This covers everything needed supporting varying problems faced by anxious children. The coping strategies really work but you need to be ready yourself first and willing to help yourself.
on 9 June 2016
Recommended by a professional cognitive behaviour therapist. I found the book helped understand the work the CBT was doing with my daughter, as well as giving clear suggestions of strategies to try at home.
on 26 June 2010
My 3 years old child was suffering of encopresis and doctors said that this would take 1-2 years to cure. This is a very devastating illness which has a strong psychological component. My best friend is a psychologist and suggested me to do some cognitive behavioral therapy to my child.So I did my research and I bought this book among others. The present book help me very much to design a plan for my child and also to understand much better what was happening with him and therefore how to help me. It opened my eyes. After one week my child's encopresis problem was over. Doctors said that this was the fastest recovery ever. I really find this book fantastic and it is very easy to understand and extrapolate to your personal situation the ideas that the authors want to express.
on 5 September 2013
Helpful, just a little detailed to follow. Felt like I dipped in and out at different parts of the book rather than going from start to finish!