on 15 December 2013
I was simply looking for a general quick informative guide to the Wars of the Roses and this does the trick. Probably not for the detailed scholar but I've joined The Battlefields Trust and join occassional walks and lectures so this is ideal for good sound basic background information.
on 19 August 2013
Very useful and well written history. My only criticism is that it contains too much detail with so many names.
on 6 April 2017
well written
on 26 July 2016
Perfect for school A Level syllabus
on 5 August 2017
Everyone should read this book. The intrigues of the 15th century are quite amazing and this book sets them out in a very readable way.
on 31 December 2013
I found this book clear and readable. It is a very good introduction to a very confusing period of history. I will be looking for further books by this historian.
on 13 December 2013
Very interesting, it's a big subject to cover, but it is managed pretty well, I enjoyed dipping into this book.
on 7 September 2016
Good read
on 21 August 2013
The book's approach was novel, by focusing on key individuals and their stories, I found the book informative and well written
on 17 February 2013
Although enjoyable, I find the amount of speculation and conjecture quite irritating. I'm not really interested in learning that Jane Shore's father might have walked past a pub frequented by The Earl of Warwick's butler (my example, but this is the type of 'colour' we are expected to find illuminating).

Add to this scholarly information that various attainted lords had their heads and body parts impaled on Tower Bridge (opened 1894); that caltrops are 'steel starfish' and that Columbus discovered America and the reader may begin questioning less widely available details.