on 24 November 2010
We have been panicking about the amount of money friends etc are spending on their wedding. One of the things I have noticed is the money spent doesn't show anything different or spectacular. There are real bride's ideas of what they have done to keep the cost down on their day. It also helped me know where to start and give a timeline to follow. You can pick and choose ideas to make your day about you. I found it sparked other ideas too
on 7 August 2011
This book is fantastic! It gives you loads of great tips and tricks for the perfect DIY wedding. I literally could not put it down it got me so excited to start trying out different ideas. A brilliant buy!
on 2 August 2010
I looked at several books and this was by far the best book. I love all the top tips. Some of the other books I looked at had very obvious tips in which I already knew but this seemed to have lots of original (and very handy) ideas and advice. As well as all the ideas of how to save money it also has a lot of practical advice in as well like flowers in season, music playlists, hair styles and food suggestions. Well worth the buy, especially if it saves me money!
on 19 January 2016
Requested as a gift by my sister-in-law when planning her wedding (in the days before pinterest) gave her lots of ideas and said even thought shes not really crafty she could manage to understand and make a few bits, and as some one who will spend a fortune on things that are simple to make it helped her save abit of money along the way to her big day. If you actually want a book its ok, but these days just go on pinterest for millions of ideas for free, even if you then rope someone else into making it like she did.
on 11 May 2010
This book promises money saving tips and great advice and that's exactly what you get. It covers all areas of what you would need for your wedding and it's great to have it all in one place rather than having to buy all the monthly/weekly wedding magazines (that cost a fortune!). It goes way and beyond any other wedding book I have looked at and would definitely recommend it to any bride-to-bes.
on 20 February 2013
I totally agree with a lot of these reviews. Most of the tips and advice were just common sense and nothing I hadn't learnt already from reading wedding magazines. I thought a book would have something more to offer, but no... Sold mine on ebay.
on 20 February 2013
You'd be better off joining pinterest and searching diy wedding, nothing in the book that common sense can't provide. Waste of money.
on 12 October 2015
This is has been quite a helpful guide, reminding me of things that are easily forgotten and talking about things that you needn't worry about. But enjoyable read and helpful guide! Makes a nice gift.
on 20 September 2015
What a steal! I feel as though I have committed theft by paying so little for such a fantastic book. As somebody who has recently gotten engaged and has no idea of even where to start with the wedding planning this book has been my saving grace. There are things in here that even the most experienced wedding planner wouldn't think I'd and yet it lays it all out so simply. I not only recommend this book but I INSIST you buy it no matter how much experience you have because it will be the best thing you do. So do it, dooooooo ittt!!!
on 10 January 2013
Although some of the ideas in this book were good mainly they were based on common sense and didn't offer that much insight into how to make a wedding more affordable. An example would be the section wedding make up which basically tells you if you can't afford to pay for someone to do it then do it yourself.... like I said common sense! After paying £4.99 for this let me say very short book and not really gaining anything I am left feeling quite dissatisfied and ripped off! Yet another money maker to cash in on brides!! If your getting married you do not need this book!