Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 April 2009
We are just starting a coffee shop. This Guide is excellent, very informative. It is published just at the right time for us.
on 21 July 2010
Wonderful book.
This book was not only an eye opener to things I'd really never thought of as issues concerning a sandwich/coffee but also a real inspiration to just go and do it!
This book helps you from the very first dream through to research right through to your first Environmental Health Officer visit and beyond.
It reads well, is easy to follow and isn't boring and full of jargon.
I suggest reading it throughly from cover to cover and then picking it up as and when you need it to refer back to through the start up stage onwards as the business becomes a reality.
I'd say all that's missing are maybe a few well placed pictures to liven it all up and break up the key themes throughout the book. It would be lovely to see some of the ideas as they became reality for Jill and her husband in the form of images to give a sense of what they achieved visually too.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2010
I've had this book for around a month now and have read it cover to cover twice already! Its packed with useful tips and advice when setting up a sandwich bar. I've being running my own sandwich delivery service from home for the last 15 months and have got to the stage where I'm ready to open a shop and this book has been amazing. I have just put an offer on an empty unit and using this book I had the confidence to push the negotiations and managed to get a 5 month rent free period whilst the standard is 2 - 3 months. Just with this, the book has paid for itself 100 times over and more. I would definately recommend this book to any first timers or even seasoned cafe owners who want some fresh ideas and if your ever in Letchworth, Herts in the coming months look out for my shop LunchMate at the Colonnade - again marketing advice picked up from this book!!
on 4 June 2009
I found this book to be full of, to the point information but a little cheesey at times. This inturn saving time and money, instead of wondering around shop to shop. I have found in this business, it seems to me that all the important information is secret and other shop owners aren't quick to share what they know.
on 9 February 2011
I am developing a new sandwich bar business in East Yorkshire and even though I have years of retail management experience I felt rather lost when it came to starting a sandwich bar. There's so much more to learn than one would imagine, and this guide has proved to be a wonderful companion in developing my own ideas.
on 22 August 2016
interesting
on 18 February 2010
A very informative and easy to read book about starting up and running a sandwich/coffee shop. The book covers all aspects of the process in great detail and would be useful for both those in the process of, and those considering setting up this type of establishment.
on 5 August 2015