on 26 July 2017
Love this book! Recommend for anyone wanting inspiration to start up their own business!
on 12 September 2017
Book was as described. Helpful and informative information from someone who has previoulsy created and been successful in their own business.
on 14 May 2016
Very easy to follow and informative.
on 24 June 2017
This book is an excellent read for start up businesses and for those thinking of running one or are in their first months of trading it covers everything from starting costs to choosing and using a logo and brand name, getting customers and keeping them and how to stay afloat when you are up and running, as a person helping my family member running a start up business, we were having teething problems of getting sales and targeting customers which is why I purchased this book and my gosh its worth every penny I spent and is a lifesaver in a way too, it will be staying on my bookshelf and will be staying there for when we need to refer to it
on 27 September 2015
Perfect
on 28 July 2010
I'm about to start my own business and am in the research phase before kicking it all off. I've read a range of articles / books / websites about starting a small business and although they were very educational I found it hard to place these facts in my own frame of reference.
This book is not only very educational, more importantly it helps you work out your thoughts about the journey your about to embark on. It helps you clarify your future busines's statement and set-up but what I appreciate even more is that it also helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses within the scope of what you're about to do. This book helps you figure out YOUR thoughts about your business - which in the end, is the most important thing.

If you're looking for a flood of knowledge and data then you might want to purchase additional books, but this is the one for getting stuck in and get your head in the right place for starting a small business!
on 23 June 2005
This book has given me the inspiration and practical guidance I need to get my business up and running. I've been stalling for some time, but this book has been the only one I could find on the market to offer just the right combination of traditional business stuff and ideas, with more modern exercises to really incite action and get me inspired and moving forward! I really know where I am going and how I'm going to get there now I've completed all the workbook exercises and found the useful resources and start-up checklist really useful too. Brilliant!
0Comment| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 October 2007
My wife bought this book for me to help me achieve a dream.

Without a doubt, I'd not be so far advanced and positive about a small business future without it.
Cheryl holds your hand and guides you through each step of the start-up process. All your considerations, your ideas and even doubts are discussed. Even better, there's practical exercises to get your thoughts going and push you forward.
The advice and exerpts from successes and failures of business provide excellent ideas, inspiration and guidance.
If you buy just one book to help you start your business - make it this one.
22 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 April 2007
A brilliant book. It explains every detail of what you need to start up a business. It also gives you tips from well known personnel from big firms about starting up and the challenges and hurdles you will face along the way. I am now more than prepared to start my own business... A must read for any entrepeneur.
on 5 May 2010
I've been reading this book alongside another business start-up workbook, Start Your Own Business 2010, which is probably a little more up-to-date, but nevertheless the Small Business Start-up Workbook remains one of the staples for anyone (and I mean anyone) thinking about starting a business - practical, step-by-step and full of useful checklists and exercises to help would-be business owners. Recommended.