on 24 October 2013
It's truly funny what can be seen around the world in signs, notices and labels etc. I am a fan of quirky and offbeat books and this fits nicely in my collection.
on 2 June 2013
Very amusing and it demonstrates the pitfalls and inadvertent double entendre present in the English language for those who are not born to it!
on 26 February 2015
I bought this for a friend - many of the signs are laugh-out-loud funny, while the rest rely on misinterpretation: Whatever, much recommended!
on 7 June 2014
Bought this book as a gift for my husband at Christmas, it kept him quiet for a bit - other than laughter. He thoroughly enjoyed the book.
on 5 February 2013
A good giggle, his laughter on Christmas day was making us all laugh although we did not know what we were laughing at ....... He did!
on 14 November 2012
It is a very funny book really!
Shows how we human despite our best of intentions,
show our frailty in the English Language.
on 17 April 2012
Does what it says on the cover, a good book, bought it for myself, then, after reading it, gave it to someone else for Christmas.
on 14 February 2013
short, poor,rude in the main part, rather than amusing as I would expect from the Daily Telegraph. Consigned to the usual place.
on 16 December 2012
This is an absolute hoot. It's amazing what some people can do to the English Language. Can't wait to buy the second volume!
on 30 June 2013
well chosen examples of funny signs in many languages. very amusing for a light read. perfect loo book for glancing through.