on 2 December 2010
This is the follow up book compilation to last year`s edition of reader`s letters unpublished by the Daily Telegraph.

It is , apart from being great value for money , very very funny and the sort of reading you can pick up and put down at leisure whilst in the bath , on the loo or just killing a few minutes.

Some of the letters are odd , some just hilarious , some very opinionated or perceptive but all very readable and topical for the year just gone. Having read mine , I have passed it on to my sister who also enjoys the humour of the Telegraph.

Great stocking filler and well worth the money !
on 21 December 2010
This is the second of two books of unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph. I've really enjoyed them both. There are some letters which are just humorous, some which lead up to a dreadful pun, and there are some that are so bigoted that it's difficult to believe that they have not been written in jest - but you fear they were not. It's a very easy read, and at times laugh-out-loud funny. A great book for yourself or as a gift.
on 28 August 2017
Very funny, and a book that you go back to time and time again, and have a good laugh.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 November 2010
I thought this might be boring as sequels often can be. But it is equally funny as the first part "Am I alone in thinking..?"
on 29 December 2010
If you are already lucky to have "Am I Alone in Thinking...", you have to buy this book.

If anything, its even better. It can be read in a sitting, or if you have the self discipline. I tried reading one of the letters out loud at work, and could not, for giggling so much.

Please let this be an annual event, to be found in Christmas stockings the way the Giles cartoon book was. It brings a warmth to the heart (that the world cannot be as ghastly as one thinks if so many others agree with such witty, erruidte comments), and a smile to the face.

Quite simply

More please
on 19 November 2010
This is an excellent sequel to the "Am I alone" book of letters. Full of humour, wit and interesting comment. The individual items create a form of Almanack of the year's varied events and topics provided by the many different readers of The Telegraph. I hope that it is repeated each year.
on 20 December 2010
This sequel to "Am I alone..." maintains the skillful editing, careful mselection and splendidly offbeat humour of the original. The wit and whimsy of this splendid compendium should be required reading for the would-be comedians who think that obscenity is an adequate substitute.
Ian Hollinshead has a problem, though. You do this so well that your hopes of promotion are now mere ptpe-dreams. They'll never let you leave after this!
on 16 November 2011
An excellent follow-on from "Am I alone..?" and hard to put down. Another candidate for the downstairs loo (that's good!) and it has clearly been carefully edited. Makes one realise what a wealth of suitable material can't be published in the rag itself. Not cheap but such gems are to be revisited. I hope the latest keeps up the high standard and the chuckle factor!
on 5 January 2011
Excellent book, but beware if anyone else is in the room with you as they will get fed up with the laughter and you wanting to read the good ones out loud. A great book to dip in and out of. If only we could have some of the contributers running the country!
on 17 January 2015
This book covers such a diverse range of topics it’s sure to be of interest to anyone. It also has a little bit of a nostalgia factor because some of the letters refer to events in 2010. One letter reads ‘SIR – I can’t see the Kraft takeover of Cadbury working out. The two companies are like choc and cheese’. This week in 2015 the news has been full of complaints about Kraft changing the recipe for the Cadbury crème egg.
I think if The Daily Telegraph were Snow White, her seven dwarfs of letter writing could be called Quirky, Smutty, Disgusted, Smart, Pompous, Eccentric and Baffled (by the modern world).
This is the third of these books I’ve read now. I think I’m becoming addicted. I wonder if this is a slippery slope which ends with me writing my own letters to The Daily Telegraph?
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse