on 20 April 2018
I found the expenses scandal very frustrating all that MPs should be doing is making the world a better place. No one with criminal intent should be selected, nor should anyone who thinks it's a way of lining their pockets.
on 12 April 2013
I'd been given the sequel to this book as a present. As a reader of The Times I was skeptical about enjoying a collection of letters written by Torygraph readers. I was very mistaken, these books are hilarious, thought provoking and sometimes crazy, an insight into the lives of others, a review of the year's news (year published) and a sideways look at British life. Thoroughly enjoyable, a must read.
on 21 January 2014
This book is full of unpublished letters to the editor of the Daily Telegraph, many of them very funny. My favourite was written in response to published letters concerning whether owners resembled their dogs. The correspondent wrote - "Sir - I resent being told that, as a dog owner, I look like my pets. We have a brown Labrador and Jack Russell. I do not resemble either of them. I look like an Alsatian."
on 29 December 2014
If you have a wet afternoon to enliven then look no further. The clever and the strange have taken up their pens and splurged their inky views throughout this book. I’d recommend reading this when you don’t know what you want to read, it covers an eclectic range of topics.
on 7 July 2013
Having just finished reading this very entertaining book I have reached the quite unavoidable conclusion that letter-writers to national newspapers, specifically the broad sheets, are, commonly, very funny people. Ones definition of funny can be either ha-ha or peculiar.
I have enjoyed many laugh-out-loud moments while reading this book and I can recommend it to all.
on 28 August 2017
Funny, funny funny. You will recognise yourself in these letters, and will want to return to this book over and over again.
on 26 December 2009
An entertaining book featuring letters written to th Daily Telegraph. You go through a lot of emotuions reading this book - sometimes frustrating, sometimes anger, sometimes amusement, sometimes perplexing - all depending on your own personal views on the subjects being discussed.
Well worth reading
on 4 December 2016
Good fun read
on 30 January 2015
A great loo book/guestroom reader. Delivered promptly, well packaged and a huge bargain at £0.01 plus postage - a no brainer!
on 10 September 2016
good but have read better