on 19 January 2018
on 4 September 2016
Great stuff
on 6 February 2013
Great lessons learned.

Okay this book will take you on a journey, that we all will once go on, or have been on.
We all search for the one, the prince charming and he doesn't always come when we expect him to.
I learned patience from this. Shelina is a practicing Muslim women living in London looking for Mr right but the Islamic way.
This will give you insight into a actual muslim women's life not the one media portraits :)
on 28 October 2009
I bought this for my wife who enjoyed reading it. I got another copy for my neice who enjoyed it even more.
on 3 April 2013
A very nice book on the topic of finding a match to marry in west. The difficulties and ordeals are so relatable.
on 15 December 2014
Shelina's Love in a Headscarf search for the 'one' was a journey discovering oneself. The ending of the book made me smile.
on 20 December 2015
Received with thanks
on 2 March 2009
I read this book in just a few days and it was absolutely amazing! It's exactly the kind of book we need in this day and age to represent the vast majority of unrepresented muslim women.

I greatly respect the author, the book was totally free of any cultural bias and opens our eyes to the double standards in asian society with men and women that have no place in Islam.
She reiterated so well, not only the importance of women and their status in Islam, but also their partaking and rights in finding their life partner and marriage.

I could relate to almost everything in this book not just as a british asian muslim woman, but just as a human being. Her story is really inspiring and beautifully honest and written with so much heartwarming humour. Definately one of my all time favourite books.

I recommend this to everyone, it was extremely insightful and i learnt alot. It breaks stereotypes and enlightens us on what educated muslim women are like today and how all women should be treated.
Thank you so much for this most brilliant book!
on 12 January 2016
It's awkward when Muslim ladies try to break the stereotype that they are all dumb, oppressed, unfashionable and uneducated. The only way for a Muslim woman break these preconceptions in an autobiography is to emphasize how intelligent, educated, attractive and stylish she is. Unfortunately I found this made slightly uncomfortable reading as the author wrote about how great she looked, and how interesting and clever she is. Her degree from Oxford was referred to frequently, along with her career in the city, her stylish clothes, extensive travels and (of course) good looks. Conversely she seemed to put up with appalling rudeness from would-be-suitors and would quite literally spend hours sitting in a cafe for a date to turn up (he was watching a cricket match). I was left with the impression that marriage was the aim of this lady's life and the 'interesting' things were there to fill the void until Mr. Right turned up.
on 18 May 2010
When I heard about this book I was really excited to read it. It was about a British Asian Muslim looking for love.

I have mixed reviews:
The parts in which she tells her story are amusing. However I feel as though she has filled most of the book with philisopical notions which isn't what I was interested in reading. I also didn't like the way in which she would tell her story and then change to a totally differnt scene which sounded like an glorified essay on love. Honestly I skipped large chunks so I could get to the parts about her story and to find out who she ends up marrying! I did feel like the ending was also a bit of an anti-climax!
The reason why I gave it 3 stars is because I could relate to parts of it and I found some of it very funny especially the part where she is waiting for the guy in the coffee shop for 3 hours while he was watching cricket! There is also very few books written by Asian Muslims and I would encourage her to write some more but focus more on her writing techniques to make a "story" rather than focus on the english essays which she has written in oxford.

All in all, if your muslim living in the west its well worth a read!

:D