on 26 May 2015
I was fully immersed in this niche world. You would think that running could be a boring list of times and records, but this book gets you hooked on the fell running culture, the people behind the feats and gives you a flavour of something gritty that flourishes away from the modern day trends of perhaps shallow and instantly gratifying pursuits.
on 23 May 2013
I read this in one sitting and then started again at page one and read it again.

I gave a copy to my father and he also read it twice and then gave the copy to all his friends to read.

As a runner I was in awe of the men and women described in these pages. After all .. "Its only a brisk walk" .
on 22 November 2015
Had to go running in the Lake District after reading this book! Best book about running ❤️
on 18 February 2018
Excellent read
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 November 2010
I read this book in paperback whilst in Australia 2 years ago this coming Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Not only does it deal with one mans obsession in doing the "Bob Graham" (you will understand that when you have read the book) it goes into the history of Fell running and introduces you to the many characters who regularly pound their bodies up and down mountains in what can only be classed as a minority sport.

This book is not only a good read but I found it inspirational in such a way that I have decided to walk a lot of the race routes for myself.
on 19 December 2014
A great read, a worthy subject, a window into a man's feelings and experience of a world divorced from the comfortable life I lead.
on 11 March 2016
Amazing book, if you're into Fell running or the outdoors
on 3 March 2018
great product
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 February 2015
I love fell running and know I'll never win a race. For me that's what this book is about, the love for a sport who accept all with no elitism.
Just reading about some of the greats and the impossible sounding records they set is enough to make me want to improve just that little bit more, to see what I am actually capable of!
Well worth a read
on 28 November 2013
If you are a runner, fell or otherwise you need to read this book, not because it has lots of training tips or routines but because it totally encapsulates why we run. We do it because we love it and life would not be the same without it. If you are injured or lacking a bit of motivation read this book and you will not regret it.