VINE VOICEon 17 November 2009
This is a beautiful story to read with a young child. The pictures are bright and colourful, and the words do not take up too much of the page. The story itself sees the reader following Little Monkey through the jungle looking for his 'one safe place'. He ends up returning to his mother and explaining that he had not managed to find it. His mother then makes him realise that in her arms he will always be safe.

I bought this dual language edition for my nephew, who is being raised bilingual. What is particularly lovely about the way that the words are set in the page, is that one language runs along the top of the page, and one along the bottom. This allows the parent/carer who is reading it to the child, to choose which language the story is read in on that occasion.

Whilst it is easy to see which words relate to the alternative language, the book is not really at it's best as a comparison of words, that is best left to dual-language dictionaries! What it is most suitable for is allowing the reader to enjoy the story with the child, no matter which of the two languages is their most comfortable, and it in turn allows the child to experience the full warmth of the story in both languages too.

I highly recommend this story to all parents/relations of children being raised bilingual with the English and Polish languages.
on 8 December 2011
We are a bilingual family and that book proved a real hit! The story and pictures are lovely and we spent hours reading it again and again. In fact our now nearly 4 year old son still comes for a huggle and a 'safe place' :)
on 31 October 2010
Really pleased with this book for the price. My friends son will love it. Only negative is because it is hardback and has a paper cover, worried the paper will tear as I wrap it for christmas! It came in a huge box with bubble wrap, think it could have come better packaged.
on 7 February 2011
My daughter loves to read books. This book does not have colourful pictures but it is realy nice story. I am crazy about polish language so I am happy it is bilingual book.
on 30 December 2012
I bought this for my nephew and his parents. They live in the US, my sister in law is Polish and she loves reading this book to her son. My brother can read the English version and learn Polish.
on 20 September 2013
Good book for children and adults to explore and learn 2 languages
Nice story and a must for school libraries and home book shelves