on 16 September 2009
I love these sarah garland books but my daughter particularly loves this one as it is about somewhere that we actually go and she can relate to the excitement and anticipation. The pictures are great and because there's so little text you can either just look at the scenes or chat to your child about what's happening. I highly recommend them. This series is a nice size and in hardback so is reasonably durable too. The mother in these books is my secret role-model!!!
on 13 March 2013
Our 18mo suddenly turned against swimming (having previously loved it) which apparently is quite common. While we persevered with classes we also got him this book and he absolutely loved it and insisted on having it read to him over and over. And it looks like he's getting back into the swimming... I think this book helped as the baby in it initially refuses to get in the pool but then wants 'MORE SWIMMING!' Funny and nice illustrations.
on 24 September 2014
We love all the Sarah Garland books as not all families have a father involved in the upbringing of children therefore it can be quite stressful at times raising a child/children single-handed as her books portray!
on 17 January 2014
My 18 month old now can read this book. She points out all the details in the story and enjoys it being red to her and now reads most of the short sentences.
on 17 June 2016
These books are written well and fantastically illustrated. Me and the kids love them.
Buy them all
on 24 September 2001
I remember this as my favourite book when i was small, its funny, exiting and there is so much to look at. The story is very catching, baby's first time at the pool. By the time i had grown out of Sarah Garland books i knew it by heart but i still loved it.
on 3 July 2014
Very happy with item and arrive on time