on 5 October 2008
I bought this book for all 3 of my children, my 4 God children and my children's school. It is beautifully illustrated and each of the human rights are worded so that children can understand them. It is the sort of book that you hope that if your children become parents, they will pass their copy onto their children. Some people have a family bible; I believe that this is as important if not more so.
on 24 March 2009
this book is brilliant, I have bought it for my 14 year old. when you read it you realise how many places in the world don't have basic human rights
on 7 February 2009
I'd heard of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, but I didn't know in any detail what it stated. Is there any country in the world that sticks to all its principles?
This is a lovely picture book version, supposedly for children, but in my opinion suitable for anyone of any age.
on 6 June 2013
A beautifully written childrens book with an powerful message. The illustrations are excellent and come from a range of artists. This book is obviouslt aimed at young children although the 'message can be explored with children and young people of any age. Highly reccomened. I will certainly be buying additional copies as gifts.
on 18 June 2009
We Are All Born Free: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Pictures

This is such a beautiful and thought-provoking book. Each human right is retold in simple language and interpreted by a different illustrator, so that even small children can begin to grasp what they mean. Some pictures are funny, some pretty close to the knuckle. It's a wonderful book for adults and children to share and feels like it will encourage a sense of responsibilities as much as rights.
on 23 August 2012
This is a must have for every new baby you know. If everybody lived their life according to these values there would be no strife. As an aetheist, this book is my 'bible'!
on 10 June 2015
Great sentiment but be warned: proceeds of this book go to Amnesty and they now campaign against countries that defend the legal rights of the pre-born to protection from abortionists. So much for 'human rights'. If looking for something a bit more profound as a gift than the usual I suggest 'Angel in the waters' by Regina D
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 June 2011
This is a really thoughtful book. It can be bold in places but this then leads to good discussions about our world. A super book for the book shelf, can be used to illustrate individual points rather than as a whole. One to pass down the family.
on 6 June 2010
I bought this to use in a training course after I came across a 5 minute cartoon with the same name on youtube that uses some of the cartoons and a great voice-over from Amnesty.
Other reviews say it's great for kids but it's also useful for adults who need to see the universal declaration of human rights and understand it. I've used it in training courses in several countries and never found adults find it childish. Everyone remembers clearly their favourite page.
Politicians around the world would benefit from reading this.
on 18 February 2009
I saw the pictures exhibited and now want to have the book for myself and for friends. It brings the declaration of human rights to life.