Customer reviews

Lighting a Lamp: A Divali Story (Festival Time)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 October 2017
it could have added more detailed version of Rama - sita -ravana story.
on 17 December 2012
This was more about traditions like giving gifts and decorations told in a great way for 2-4 yr olds but the actual story of Diwali was only on 2 pages and not simplified for children, so was not quitewhat I wanted as I can explain the traditions simply to my toddler anyway.
on 18 October 2009
this book was perfect for the nursery children. I am trying to buy the whole series. Arrived quickly in perfect condition.
on 11 December 2009
I was very pleased at the fast prompt delivery of this book. The book is really good and an easy way to share Divali with 2-4 yr old children.The pictures are bright and colourful and kept the children's attention.
on 7 December 2009
I was recently teaching my reception / Year 1 class about Diwali. I thought this book was perfect for helping the children (and myself) to learn about the basic traditions of the festival. I would definitely recommend it and would buy the other books in the range too.
on 1 December 2010
This book gives young children (4-6yrs) a general insight into what Hindus do to celebrate Diwali. There is not a lot tof text to read so it can be read to children or if slightly older they can read it themselves. It is from the perspective of the children in the book so other children can relate to them. There are lovely illustrations too.
on 23 October 2011
This book is perfect as an introduction to Diwali for younger children. There are several pages outlining the customs of Diwali with clear picture e.g. lighting divas, visiting the temple etc. The last two pages provide an outline of what Diwali is and why it's celebrated.
on 16 January 2013
I bought this book to read to my little boy and his class at pre-school. The children all loved it because it was easy to understand and follow. My little boy (who is 3) asked lots of questions about it afterwards and remembered most of the book.
on 25 November 2012
A perfect book to run alongside my Colours and Celebrations topic with Reception children! Simple but effective text that we used several times as the topic evolved.
on 13 November 2016
Okay, nice simple story about what family's do at Diwali, nice to share with my daughter as she grows and those around her to help them underdtAnd too