on 28 February 2010
Our 2 your old son has taken a shine to this book almost immediately. He loves both monkeys and clowns. This book provides both. He often selects it as his night time read. As for parental needs; a great book, as it can be read as fast or as slow as time will permit that evening.
on 12 December 2009
i bought this for my 3yr old daughter and she loves it, she has memorised all the words and thinks it is so funny.
on 20 April 2016
Nice little story. Unfortunately let down on the last page, as it uses the word 'bum' instead of bottom. We prefer our 4 year old not to use this word. which means the CD is useless, and we have to change the word when reading the end of the story. A real shame!
on 10 January 2014
Bought for a 5yr old, who often asks for this book by name. In brief it's a story of how the animals (giraffe, zebra etc) got their colourings. A teeny bit confusing as my son couldn't quite grasp how animals he knows well don't have their colours to begin with, but of course any mention of 'bottom' means he enjoys it anyway.
My three year old daughter thinks that this book is absolutely hilarious.

All about a cheeky monkey who goes around painting all the animals in bright colours whilst they are asleep. The animals seek revenge and paint the monkeys face and then paint his bottom blue!

The book is really lovely. It is a gentle story with some lovely bright illustrations.

A good book for children who love reading and have a healthy imagination!

Recommended.
on 23 October 2012
Absolutely love this book! Cannot recommend it highly enough. My 3yr old nephew loves it, I love it, his Mum loves it. My nephew has a massive interest in animals and this book lead to us looking up monkeys with blue bottoms! The line "as dull as elephant poo" always raises a few giggles. The story of how animals got their colours is fab and the rhyming is done well. Buy this and you will not be disappointed.
on 2 July 2013
This is a brilliant story for sharing one to one (love reading it to my grandchildren at bedtime) and for reading to groups of nursery age children. It is funny and has a very satisfying moral message about playing tricks on your friends!
on 10 May 2012
A funny little book, got lot's of giggles here, although I am not sure older kids will fall for the reason as to why animals are the colours they are!!
Lot's of lovely pictures with bright colours, a very engaging book for young children.
on 2 August 2012
I have enjoyed this book with my son, friends and their children. The pictures are interesting to toddlers and the story is great. The rhyme and story is fun for older children and it has a lot of appeal overall I think.
on 16 February 2013
Bought this one as we had another of the series (The Crocodile) and my 4 year old loves it. Funny rhyming stories that appeal to his sense of humor and lovely artwork. This series of books are what has motivated him to learn to read for himself.