on 5 May 2017
a lovely funny story
on 22 May 2013
Bought for the grandchildren, they love it. A shorter version of Rudyard Kipling's 'How the leopard got his spots' .
on 28 February 2010
Our 2 your old son has taken a shine to this book almost immediately. He loves both monkeys and clowns. This book provides both. He often selects it as his night time read. As for parental needs; a great book, as it can be read as fast or as slow as time will permit that evening.
on 30 December 2016
Really surprised this has had so many positive reviews. Yes, it's mostly well written with a nice cadence and rhyme, but the messages it gives to the child are terrible. Teaches a retributive 'eye for an eye' approach, and ends with all of the animals excluding the monkey and mocking him forever for his appearance! The end! Not exactly happily ever after. Can't believe that Justin Fletcher has associated himself with this book given all the work he has done around inclusivity for all children.
on 20 April 2016
Nice little story. Unfortunately let down on the last page, as it uses the word 'bum' instead of bottom. We prefer our 4 year old not to use this word. which means the CD is useless, and we have to change the word when reading the end of the story. A real shame!
on 12 December 2009
i bought this for my 3yr old daughter and she loves it, she has memorised all the words and thinks it is so funny.
My three year old daughter thinks that this book is absolutely hilarious.

All about a cheeky monkey who goes around painting all the animals in bright colours whilst they are asleep. The animals seek revenge and paint the monkeys face and then paint his bottom blue!

The book is really lovely. It is a gentle story with some lovely bright illustrations.

A good book for children who love reading and have a healthy imagination!

Recommended.
on 14 May 2011
I saw this sotory read on Cbeebies, my 3 year old loved it, so we had to add it to our collection. It's great with lots of detail to inspire the imagination. Well loved!
on 23 October 2012
Absolutely love this book! Cannot recommend it highly enough. My 3yr old nephew loves it, I love it, his Mum loves it. My nephew has a massive interest in animals and this book lead to us looking up monkeys with blue bottoms! The line "as dull as elephant poo" always raises a few giggles. The story of how animals got their colours is fab and the rhyming is done well. Buy this and you will not be disappointed.
on 8 October 2013
This is a fun and exciting story that totally entertained my 4 year old daughter. She interacts every time the story is told, saying the monkey is 'naughty' and could not wait to share the story with others. This story is easy to follow and opens up the imagination. Could it possibly have an element of truth? I will leave that for my daughter to decide.