TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 March 2014
I knew I'd end up buying this - and its sister volume 'Knit your own Scotland' - after seeing them advertised last year. I slightly prefer the Scotland one: I agree with other reviewer that patterns for all 4 Beatles is a bit much. And Ant and Dec...well, if you like that sort of thing...and do they represent Britain?
However, this is more than made up for by the superb Henry VIII and Shakespeare, and a convincing Mrs Thatcher. The Beckhams and a rumpled Boris Johnson are instantly identifiable. And where else would you find a pattern for pot of Marmite ? Inspiring!
on 18 October 2017
excellent
on 28 October 2017
Arrived quickly and easy to knit.
on 23 July 2013
Lovely book, love the beatles, full of great characters and good photographs, patterns look easy cant wait to make henry V111, really good value and arrived in record time.
on 6 August 2013
best book ever. the jar of marmite is brilliant, knitted 2 already. just started on Henry V111 and can't stop knitting
on 14 October 2013
I have chosen the rating of 5 stars as I found this book to give me the impetuses to knit most of the items within it I found that henry 8th was very popular with many of my friends also the Beatles will Ant and Dec are among many of my friends favourites. It was difficult to know which to make first but Henry came top of my list. He is really magnificent with his jewels and fine clothes even my youngest grandchild named him straight away.
As I do a lot of knitting and usually give them away as gifts I am keeping Henry 8th in a closed cabinet a he has worked out so very well. It is one of my favourite knitting books.
on 26 July 2013
I am very pleased having made Boris Johnson - does anybody know how to stop him looking at wife with those 'come to bed eyes'
on 12 September 2013
fantastic book fantastic pictures and details the details are fantastic and instructions I can even understand as am not that good a knitter
on 22 September 2013
The book met my expectations and gave many ideas for knitted toys. Only criticism is that need to be able to access supplier of wool. The supplier of the book was professional and the book arrived on time and in brand new condition
on 10 December 2014
Great book-amazing pictures. Very prompt service