Customer reviews

on 15 June 2017
So funny in scots - glad I bought it.
on 10 December 2011
I bought this book at our local National Trust property having read a couple of pages just to make sure - don't want to go wasting bawbees! I have always loved the books about Pooh in English and thought they could not be bettered, but life likes to prove you wrong -this book is even better in the words that James Robertson has chosen. He has used words from my childhood (not yesterday) and words from modern times. As we keep being told English and by association Scots is a living, evolving language and those who have quibbled about the authenticity of the language used in the previous Pooh book might do well to acknowledge this. I laughed out loud, and read it to my husband who also laughed out loud. If you wish to laugh out loud this book is for you.
on 17 August 2010
I bought this for my Glaswegian son-in-law. He's an ex-pat living in deepest Sussex, hoping he will enjoy reading it to our grandson. He says he can hear the Scots as he reads it to himself. I read a couple of chapters and it gave a new voice to the work (I hear Alan Bennet when I read the "normal version").
on 24 April 2015
Brings back childhood memories and one can delight in Shepherd's drawings again. It is lovely to have it in Scots too. If any words are a puzzle one can look them up online at www.dsl.ac.uk Unlike the OED it is free and a wonderful resource for anybody interested in the Scots language.
on 27 March 2012
Bought it for a ninety two year old relative who apparently laughed throughout. Pure tonic. Who needs Socrates when you have Pooh? Recommend that you have some knowledge of the lingo though...
on 18 November 2013
For Pooh Bear fans----
This is great fun to read favourite bits aloud ! You will need to practise your Scots accent though.
on 20 December 2015