on 10 September 2005
The first thing that strikes about this terrific new baby board book is the fantastic front cover - a big bold black & white coo (cow). The illustrations throughout are an absolute joy. Big bold and bright this book will capture the attention of even the youngest of babies. Perfect for learning Scots rhymes or even recalling them from your youth!All the favourite ones are there Katie Beardie, Ally Bally, Wee Willie Winkie and more besides, all wonderfully brought to life through the illustrator's vibrant style.This is actually a board book and a generous sized one which makes it ideal for babies, but toddlers and even older children will enjoy it too.Really special it deserves to be in every baby's home library!!
on 26 April 2013
This is a brilliant book. I live in London and am married to an Australian. Two little boys with English accents... Was given Katie's coo as a gift when my eldest was born, and he loves it. He's learnt lots of Scottish words and pronunciation since we got it, and it's so reminiscent of my childhood singing Ally Bally Bee etc to him. ADORE our time with these books, and its us time; listening to Daddy try to read them makes me giggle even more!!! We've gone on to buy several more, for ourselves and as gifts. A big favourite and one I intend to keep...
on 10 February 2014
A strong board book, not too heavy for little hands to hold with a good variety of Scots songs and rhymes to give Scottish children a feeling for their own culture.
on 20 March 2014
These Scottish rhymes are fabulous. It is great to remember them and the children have a lot of fun learning them. Four Craws is a favourite.
on 17 December 2012
A reminder of the rhymes from my childhood for me to share with my son. I love it and can't wait to hear him try to copy in proper Scots.
on 26 November 2012
This book is very popular with our nursery children, it arrived very quickly and is good value for money, i have purchased similar ones.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2013
Bought as a gift for a Scottish exile in Wales! Lots of fun.Well known author of children's books in Scots.
on 26 August 2015
Great rhymes for little people my grandson loves this book
on 17 July 2014
another good Scots book
on 15 July 2013
I was not familiar with all the rhymes in here so probably didn't appreciate it as much as I could have