on 2 February 2015
Bought for a family member getting into photography and this is a good starter
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you have never owned a digital camera before then perhaps this book could be just the ticket. However if like myself you have owned several digital cameras and was looking for more advanced tips and techniques then you will find this book wanting.
Another criticism I have is that it only really caters for pc users and as I am a mac user the chapter that covers computer transfer and editing was fairly irrelavent.
Having said all of the above. If you are a new user the text is well laid out and easy to read with nice colour pictures and with some useful information for you. So if you are new to digital photograghy I do recommend however if not then there are other books out there that will cater for your needs better.
on 21 November 2010
I have to confess straight away that I have read less than half a dozen pages of the book, all the pages devoted to LENSES. I was hoping to be able to find advice on buying a wide-angle lens, but there is none. In fact, the topic of lenses is treated very scantily.

I hope I get more out of the book the next time I pick it up!