on 25 August 2012
The book sets out what you need to do in a very logical way. It sorts out the language that lawyers use and if it only saves you one hour with your solicitor it will have saved you 20 times what it cost.Divorce & Splitting Up: A Complete Legal and Financial Guide (Which? Essential Guides)
on 5 September 2007
A very clear and simple path through some of the legal stuff in divorce. I read this together with FAMILY COURT HELL by Mark Harris. FAMILY COURT HELL is a story of Britain's Worst Access Case ever, which explicitly details how bad child access cases can become if mother does not want to co operate. By reading both, a [slightly!] clearer picture emerges as to what not to do! Buy both if you can.
on 4 February 2014
I'm not sure how helpful this Divorce Guide is as I sent it to my son who is going through a divorce now. But it was a 2nd hand copy - as I knew [dated 2003 [ - so it may be out of date, especially the child maintenance sections. Also, although the book was in very good condition externally, some sections had been heavily underlined inside! It was very cheap and worth taking a risk!
on 5 February 2017
I found this book invaluable when I was going through the process of separation and divorce. It is not an easy time and this book helped me to understand the process even though the solicitor was guiding me through. I found it useful to dip in and out of when I was getting to certain stages of the process. I would recommend it
on 15 May 2014
I saved a couple of grand in solicitors fees (and/or several hundred for online divorce).
I knew most of it from looking on internet but it is usefuol to see it all in one place and know you haven't missed anything.
Obviously if you have complex case then you are buggered, but still a useful read.
on 26 April 2015
For anyone going through divorce this book is a must. I handled the divorce myself saving £800 but needed help with the finances as he wouldn't go to mediation or fill out form E so through a solicitor iv issued court proceedings. Good luck if you're going through one it's never easy.
on 10 July 2009
This is not a a nice situation to find oneself in and one needs all the help one can get.
This book is straightforward and comprehensive, as far as I can tell being new to the field.
on 15 July 2013
I bought this book for information because I couldn't afford a solicitor.
My divorce cost me the amount I paid for the book while my ex wracked up nearly £16K in solicitors fees.
Needless to say - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK
on 8 June 2013
A good guidebook. Seems relevant and concise...a general overview of the horrors of divorce from a practical legal standpoint. Recommended for its step by step approach to the things one should be considering..
on 11 September 2013
I have read this chapter by chapter and I find it helps to understand what my solicitor is saying.
Some times a bit hard going but found that taking chapter by chapter it became clearer