on 17 July 2014
It took me a while to get into reading the language in this book and for a while I thought I'd just leave it there but as the pages went by I got into the story and I have to admit I'm hooked on the style of writing now. The broad Dublin accents from either side of the Liffey are well described and you just have to laugh at some of the phrases, they're so typical and true.
on 17 November 2015
Excellent book. Ross O'Carroll-Kelly always makes me laugh, even if, as a Dubliner, I still struggle to read some of words written in an 'accent'
on 24 October 2013
I think this may have been the best yet! The plot twists and turns, the suspense is great, the tension is palpable, yet the fun is still there. I wish it hadn't ended!
on 24 May 2014
Not JP Donleavy but still great fun. Why had I not heard of this writer before running into this book.

Recommended.
on 3 June 2014
If you like Ross O'Carroll Kelly, it is every bit as good as all the others. Ross up to his old tricks. Highly enjoyable and easy read!
on 26 November 2013
Absolutely brilliant. I love the development of ROCK to a more mature version of his hapless self. It has been left wide open for a sequel, and I am looking forward to it already.
on 26 August 2014
Much of the book is repeated from the Irish Times columns, but still enjoyable
on 26 May 2015
Never a dull moment. Thoughtful, intuitive and hilarious all at the same time!!
on 15 December 2013
The renaissance is over! The last few Ross O'Carroll Kelly books were excellent but this is only just ok. The story is weak but there are still some great one liners.
on 22 March 2016