on 6 April 2016
Great service, super fast Postage. Highly recommended. Thank you. A * * * * *
on 20 November 2009
Well, all I can say is that I have thoroughly enjoyed both of Niamh Greene's housewife books. I didn't expect high literature, just pure entertainment and that's what I got ! So, if that's what you're looking for you won't be disappointed.
on 17 November 2016
Loved this book.made me laugh
on 12 March 2015
Hilarious. The sort of book you can pick up and put down.
on 2 June 2013
Made me laugh made me cry lovely read would definitely recommend this book for fun light holiday read! Thank you
on 17 August 2010
i have just finished this thought it was a good read, reminded me more of adrian mole rather than bridget jones (but can see the similarity now it has been pointed out) I think you can tell by the title it is not a serious read, and was excellent for me to read, as if one of the kids started moaning i could finish reading practically on the page - as it's set out in a diary format! would recommend to friends definately!
2 people found this helpful
on 24 June 2009
I confess that I haven't read the first 'Demented Housewife' book. But this one however, well, it was terrible. I usually devour anything I can get my hands on, but this book was a cure for insomnia. I feel my 17 year old daughter could put together a better book. The character was flat, the story line predictable.... not recomended
One person found this helpful
on 22 April 2014
I haven't read the first 'Demented Housewife' book and won't after reading this. It was terrible. The characters were flat, the story line predictable.... not recomended.
on 30 January 2009
Do yourself a favour and save your hard earned cash for something more original. This book mimics the style and (in many parts throughout the book) blantantly copies plot directly from 'Bridget Jones's Diary', even down to the main character securing herself a job in the TV industry and having an'affair' with a dodgy and unsavoury character similar to Daniel Cleaver! I can understand the appeal of these diary-style books as they are an easy read but surely a different storyline could have evolved from the life of a housewife in Ireland???? It was totally unbelievable, superficial and very irritating to read. I did not laugh out loud once.
4 people found this helpful
on 6 April 2009
I totally agree with the other reviews. Not even remotely enjoyable, no laughs, no real story worth noting and no characters that you care about in the slightest. I stuck with it until the end just because I'd paid for it and thought there may be something to redeem it, but I was wrong.
One person found this helpful