Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 December 2015
Beautiful book and look forward to reading together with my wee boy.
This book is in perfect condition and very pleased- would order from the seller again.
on 25 September 2014
Lovely book me and the children love reding it each night, lovely written stories with great values would recommend this book very highly
on 22 April 2013
i haven't read all the stories but so far all stories are age appropriate. the writer is also very humble and the book reflects this.
on 6 July 2016
Being raised as a Buddhist, I have a very good knowledge about Buddhist literature and I know there are so many very nice stories we can adopt for children. We heard load of them from our parents, monks and even read from books.

Stories in this book are very dull and not interesting at all. My daughter who is a very keen reader get bored when I try to read this book to her.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 November 2010
A nice gentle bedtime book, which my daughter has had for a while but only recently started to enjoy (at 4 yrs old) as she has reached the stage where she can use her imagination between the beautiful pictures that little bit longer. The morals are clear and explained at the end of each story without losing the quality of the storytelling through overt preachiness. Overall a great book with traditional style stories which will be new to most readers.
on 18 August 2013
Calmness, managing emotions, being kind, being a good person, understanding others'...all great values to instill in your kids and done in such a gentle and beautiful way.. Great book!
on 25 August 2012
I have been looking for text that I could read to my five year old at bedtime, while also being able to help her develop her values, beliefs, and morals.
This book caught my eye.
The book provides a summary at the beginning, followed by a nice collection of short stories.
Each story has a colorful illustration that can be mapped to the text. At the end of the story is a small lesson (morale of the story).
Simple lessons, good quality, well written. I recommend it!
on 10 June 2014
Beautiful stories, easy to read. Great explanation and instructions about meditation. Children understand the morals of each story and has lead to great discussions
on 25 October 2014
I have read this to me seven year old daughter every night for almost a year. She asked how much it cost and said we should have paid over £100 for it!
on 6 June 2014
A beautiful book with lovely illustrations and excellent messages behind the well written stories.
My daughter loves listening to it!