Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 December 2001
Another one for the bookshelf along with Charles Handy's Understanding Organisations book. If you are studying Management, then you will find this a useful and easy to understand reference.
on 15 September 2002
An invaluable book used by myself during my managements studies with an excellent easy to read and reference format.
Ideal for those in formal study in either management science or MBA courses, but not for those looking for a lighter read.
on 6 September 2000
I borrowed this book from my local library in April, and 6 months later I'm still renewing it every 3 weeks! It's invaluable for my current management course. The book starts by discussing all the important theorists from Fayol, up to present day management thinking then going on to cover many other topics that appear in various University Diploma courses - industrial relations, strategies etc.
The chapters are broken down into short, numbered paragraphs and most discussion is concise and to the point - no waffling.
The book has many "homework" questions at the end of each chapter and basic answers at the back. It also has past exam questions - the answers to which can be obtained from the publisher should you require.
Overall it's one of the best management books I've found - try it!
There are more management books around than you can throw an MBA at. This book is well written and covers a lot of the areas I looked at during my MBA course. Often it seems to me that management books describe the very obvious and don't teach you much that you would not have achieved by pure common sense. This book covers many of the regular models that have stood the test of time (but do test them against the fast complex cyber world that businesses -big and small operate in). I have chucked my previous 3 or 4 other management books away now and will refer to Cole's book. If you are new to management and don't want to waste loads of money on many books (why should you!), then Cole's latest edition is a good grounding.
on 14 January 2016
The book is well written and it helped me with my Public Health course in relation to understanding management in Health and Social Care.
on 26 July 2016
Fast delivery and the 'used' description was spot on - thank you - excellent and needed book for my masters.
on 3 March 2016
Great book, purchased this as recommended from the CIM, helped with my Managing Marketing module.
on 9 September 2003
I acquired this book some 20 months ago and it hasn't left my bedside in all that time. Excellent for insomniacs
on 1 December 2014
Just what I needed. In excellent condition.
on 3 September 2015
Very easy read , well written.