on 17 October 2009
The book is fine. The author explains things simply, with adequate illustrations, and if this is what you are after it will do the job.
The problem is the book is taken word for word (except the title) from another, much larger book by Hazel Harrison on 'How to Paint and Draw'. And guess what, I paid for both, so now I have two copies of the stuff I want.
I would guess that all the other sections in the bigger book have appeared in the own right as separate books. If you cannot get to look at books (eg if you live abroad)then you have no chance because you end up making a choice of book based upon the author and title. Shame - it makes you feel you have been taken for a ride and the book deserves better than that.Pastels Made Easy: Learn How to Master the Art of Pastels with Step-by-step Techniques and Projects, in 150 Colour Photographs (...Made Easy)
11 Comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 August 2013
Great book, so many people in my art class want to look at it. They all keep asking to borrow it but I have, very politely, suggested they buy their own otherwise I will not get a chance to use it myself.
on 31 July 2016
not bad
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 June 2013
As somebody who has never used pastels as a means of painting, I found this intriguing and extremely helpful. Now to get down and do some painting to see what I can produce in this medium..
on 10 June 2014
I have only used this book once I found it easy to use and when I will gladly use it again
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 September 2013
tHEY ARE FAR TOO SMALL. MY HUSBAND HAS BIG HANDS AND TO TRY AND GRASP THOSE TINY
CRAYIONS IS RIDICULOUS.

RETURNING THEM
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 September 2010
I needed a book to launch me into the world of pastels, I am no artist but wanted a convenient form of 'painting' and needed a helpful manual. This is a great book, loads of tips and inspirational works which can be achieved with this form...not by me I think !! but at least I know where to start now.