Customer reviews

God doesn't do waste
Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 August 2010
It is rare to find a book so honest. The reader is taken through the roller coaster ride of a family willing to risk much as the 'family who turned green'; who went from a 'normal' life to risk all and lead what has developed into a major project. Many of us have crazy notions of turning passions and ideas into action; too few of us do so. If the sufferings were common to all who did then even fewer would complete the task. Yet like the 'greats' in the Bible the Bookless family stay close to the God they know. I respect the humility, honesty and integrity which, I suspect unwittingly to the author, shines through these pages. Is the vision of the Bookless' complete: have they at last reached peaceful waters? Far from it. I have the feeling this is Book One.
on 29 October 2010
I found this book very easy to read partly as so much of what Dave wrote about I agree with. However the work he is involved with was new to me and I enjoyed reading about it and what can be done with a lot of effort and commitment.
on 31 August 2010
I bought this thinking to have something to read for the summer. It took two evenings to read because it was so compelling. A story of how God uses ordinary people in an extraordinary way. I got to the end of a chapter and then wanted to find out what happened next. I have now bought five copies to give to friends but now need another book for the rest of the summer
on 23 July 2010
Dave Bookless has written an amazing book, which once you start reading you can't put down. He takes you with him on this amazing journey of childhood memories,romance,excitment,disspointment,hope and most of all a relationship with Jesus Christ and his earth. There is something for EVERYONE in this book. A must read!!!
on 7 January 2011
OK so I haven't finished the book yet but so far it has been a good read, detailing how Dave worked with others and created this project. It is inspiring and I am sure that a read of this book will leave you enthused about nature and the god given ability of turning something that man sees as waste and useless into something totally beautiful.

Well done Dave, strange that his last name is bookless, so not true!
on 10 January 2017
This was an interesting biography of the UK leader of ARocha. It didn't give me quite what I was looking for in terms of ecotheology but was none the less a good read.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse